2007-apr-30 Release Meeting Recap
poelstra at redhat.com
Thu May 3 21:55:14 UTC 2007
== Reports on F7-Test 4 ==
* rawhide is currently uninstallable
* concerned about mkinitrd issues - there's a lot of "can't find /dev/root" reports out there
* we're gonna need some docs on device labeling, since that's a very common install failure--cc jeremy on bugs
* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=234938 is a failed upgrade
* https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=236743 those are anaconda, not mkinitrd
* resume regressed on my thinkpad :/ but that's something I'll track down and report in a bit
* qemu is not working; jeremy believes he has a fix
== Merge ==
* Buildsys freeze on 01-MAY-07
* Start merge on 02-MAY-07 at 12:00 EDT until completed
* move final devel freeze out one week
* hold current GA date of 24-MAY-07
* http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/CoreExtrasCVSMerge should be pretty detailed for the cvs side of the merge
* I'm continuing to keep koji updated with the Core builds
* dgilmore had something cooking to import Extras builds, we should probably start doing that regularly ASAP
* the question marks are, a owners.list <-> koji sync tool
* need the creation of a needsign type que for up to the hour build access and a way to do package signing.
* how did we wind up with a 1~ week window between Test4 release and Final freeze?
* moving ahead with hardware we have; new hardware is on the way
* it could take a while to import the Extras stuff becasue I'll have to write something up to do the imports since Extras isn't in a koji like builddb right now
* we will let people do post-merge rebuilds to pick up new builddeps
* there is also a ton of dist-fc7 builds that haven't been requested for f7-final tagging.
* we will disable the build system by removing the dist-fc7 build target from brew.
* koji will first be used for f7 only and after the dust settles we'll bring over fc6-updates
* will document the freeze process
* will send mail on freeze
* people will still have to request their post-merge rebuilds be tagged for final
* will try to clean up the filesystem on cvs too before next wed. It's kind of a mess on that box right now.
* new PPC arriving late this week or beginning of next
* when can we reasonably have a deadline?
* will create the hook for the owners.list <-> koji sync
* suggested detailed schedule with completion dates for merge
* others thought a list of tasks is fine because everything has to be done on Wednesday
More information about the fedora-devel-list