rpms/ocsinventory-client/devel ocsinventory-client.spec, 1.7, 1.8

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri May 4 09:08:28 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 01:34 -0400, Remi Collet wrote:
> +# This requires dmidecode (at run time) which is only available on x86.
> +ExcludeArch: ppc ppc64 s390 s390x ia64

To use ExcludeArch, you MUST have a bug filed an on the
FE-ExcludeArch-ppc tracker (and FE-ExcludeArch-ppc64 now too, I
suppose).

But the correct fix in this case is to make the use of dmidecode
optional, and perhaps to look elsewhere for the information you wanted
from it. Just disabling an architecture is the packagemonkey approach.
Fedora needs _maintainers_ not packagemonkeys.

Once the bug is filed, include the information about what you were
looking for in the dmidecode output. I'll see the bug when it's added to
the tracker and I'll tell you where to find information
in /proc/device-tree, if possible.

--
dwmw2