F7 Zope package

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri May 4 21:06:59 UTC 2007

Jeremy Katz schrieb:
> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 21:09 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> seth vidal schrieb:
>>> b/c of the maintenance headache it adds to the entire distribution
>> Can't be worse then Xen afaics. Or will we throw that out, too, as
>> upstream doesn't make sure it runs on latest kernels? Ohh wait, I
>> suppose Xen is special?
> Realistically?  Xen as it stands was a mistake.  Just because we've made
> them in the past doesn't mean that we should continue to do so.

Hehe :)

Well, I strongly dislike this decision we did for zope, as it creates
much hassle for users. But users is what we do this distribution for.

But whatever: I assume somebody made sure this annoyance got documented
properly in the release notes to avoid users misfile bugs and send
confusing reports? As FESCo is indirectly responsible for zope missing
now I assume FESCo itself also directly or indirectly took care of
documenting this properly?

CU
thl