F7 Zope package

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri May 4 23:23:10 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 23:06 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Jeremy Katz schrieb:
> >> Can't be worse then Xen afaics. Or will we throw that out, too, as
> >> upstream doesn't make sure it runs on latest kernels? Ohh wait, I
> >> suppose Xen is special?
> > Realistically?  Xen as it stands was a mistake.  Just because we've made
> > them in the past doesn't mean that we should continue to do so.
>
> Hehe :)
>
> Well, I strongly dislike this decision we did for zope, as it creates
> much hassle for users. But users is what we do this distribution for.
>
> But whatever: I assume somebody made sure this annoyance got documented
> properly in the release notes to avoid users misfile bugs and send
> confusing reports? As FESCo is indirectly responsible for zope missing
> now I assume FESCo itself also directly or indirectly took care of
> documenting this properly?

Bwahahaha... I mean, um, no.  But I did just add a release note for it
that will make it to the Web only release notes.  (Our release notes
always state at the top that the latest version should be consulted on
the Web, so people with discs aren't stuck with only what made it to the
spins.)  Events like this are why we freed up the Beats weeks ago so
anyone could edit them, though.  Hopefully that will get more people
proactively involved, even if only for F8 and beyond.