Kernel compliation errors

Sean Stangl sean.stangl at gmail.com
Sun May 6 04:07:34 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-05-05 at 23:16 -0400, Kelly wrote:
> Kelly wrote:
> BTW, I noticed that I'm also getting these errors from ndiswrapper, most of
> the ALSA sound drivers, and just about every driver that doesn't come with
> the Fedora default setup.

Have you verified that the modules are building against the sources for
the kernel that you're running, and not against something else (Check
the terminal output of make)? I'm betting that this isn't some error
within Fedora, namely since I've never heard of this issue previously,
but if it turns out that kernel-devel has been updated incorrectly for
your architecture, that would be good to check.

-Sean Stangl