Kernel compliation errors

Mario Torre neugens at limasoftware.net
Sun May 6 18:53:10 UTC 2007

Il giorno dom, 06/05/2007 alle 13.33 +0200, Axel Thimm ha scritto:

> How do these errors look like? Maybe i586 vs i686 mismatches? Please
> post the exact output of the errors.

Hello,

I don't know if it helps, but I had problems with few drivers as well,
for example compiling the alsa drivers and the vmware modules with the
first 2.6.20 kernel update on FC6.

The error for the alsa drivers was something like this:

error: implicit declaration of function 'is_power_of_2'

I've solved patching the drivers. In the case of vmware, I installed new
vmware-any-any.

The alsa drivers were downloaded by the personal page of Martin
Stransky, so I think they are at least a bit tested and should work, but
in my case I was not able to compile them. Maybe you have this same
problem (but other than try to patch the single packages I don't know
what else to tell, because I don't know if they were caused by some
version mismatches or what)?

Mario
--
Lima Software - http://www.limasoftware.net/