F7 Zope package

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue May 8 13:24:49 UTC 2007

Le mardi 08 mai 2007 à 18:42 +0530, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray a écrit :

> During the days of Fedora Core 5, we used to have gcc32 (ie., GCC
> 3.2.x) alongwith GCC (ie., GCC 4.x). Did that cause enough pain too?

All this stuff is largely developed as Red Hat, was done with the
blessing and support of the upstream project, and was anticipated early
enough to be in before Freezing and Testing.

Here not only Fedora is less involved in the upstream projects but :
1. the person in charge of python Fedora-side is opposed to the whole
thing.
2. no upstream speaker stepped in to commit to sharing the burden
3. it's way too late now

There is absolutely no comparison possible.

--
Nicolas Mailhot