ipw3945/iwlwifi/iwl3945 users, please test latest davej kernels

Tom London selinux at gmail.com
Tue May 8 16:46:12 UTC 2007

On 5/8/07, John W. Linville <linville at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 09:26:03AM -0700, Tom London wrote:
>
> > CTRL-EVENT-DISCONNECTED - Disconnect event - remove keys
> > May  8 09:18:22 localhost kernel: eth0: RX deauthentication from
> > 00:14:6a:5b:3a:80 (reason=2)
> > May  8 09:18:22 localhost kernel: eth0: deauthenticated
> > May  8 09:18:22 localhost kernel: eth0: RX deauthentication from
> > 00:14:6a:5b:3a:80 (reason=2)
> >
> > Would it be useful to try this without NetworkManager?
>
> Maybe, but...
>
> I see a lot of "eth0" -- did you rename the interface?  By default
> iwl3945 should have a name like "wlan0".
>
> John
> --
Don't know how that happened, but that seems to be the way it is...:

lo        no wireless extensions.

irda0     no wireless extensions.

wmaster0  no wireless extensions.

Warning: Driver for device eth0 has been compiled with version 22
of Wireless Extension, while this program supports up to version 20.
Some things may be broken...

eth0      IEEE 802.11a  ESSID:""
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:5.18 GHz  Access Point: Not-Associated
          Retry min limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr=2346 B
          Encryption key:off
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0

eth1      no wireless extensions.

vmnet8    no wireless extensions.

vmnet1    no wireless extensions.

I was running both iwlwifi and ipw3945 on the same kernel.  Perhaps
that got it 'renamed'.

Not sure it matters, but I can probably try renaming it back.....

tom
--
Tom London