F7 Zope package

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue May 8 20:44:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 01:47 +0530, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
> >> It is kind of sad that in this thread it is critized that Zope
> >> upstream is unable to port Zope to python 2.5 within 9 months but Fedora is
> >> not able to mention this in the release notes on the media.
>
> > Not that I'm aware of.  They're frozen for translations, and adding
> > stuff after the fact makes it impossible to fully translate things.
>
> You do not get the point. What Till was trying to indicate is that
> while we are criticising Zope for not migrating to Python 2.5 over the
> last 9 months, Fedora has not been able to mention their dropping of
> Zope in the release notes.

The decision was made a month ago.  I have no idea when the release
notes freeze was.  I do know, however, that it is very easy to add a
note to the release notes on the wiki through the Beats page.  Why this
was not done, I have no clue.

If the intention of including it in the release notes was to inform
users of it's exclusion from Fedora 7, then yes that is indeed
unfortunate.  We can still direct them to the wiki pages though.

josh