DeltaRPM works great on Fedora Core 6 (yum presto plugin)

Manuel Wolfshant wolfy at nobugconsulting.ro
Tue May 8 23:09:58 UTC 2007

On 05/08/2007 10:06 PM, Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Full update gave me even better results!!! 75% savings !!!
>

> Size of all updates downloaded from Presto-enabled repositories: 10M
> Size of updates that would have been downloaded if Presto wasn't
> enabled: 41M
> This is a savings of 75 percent
    No one said that it would not be great to have this tool.
Unfortunately it a) is still in beta stage and more important b)it
arrived too late to be included in the release. Even the tools to
generated the deltarpm enabled repos have just been released.
    It will be included in rawhide and after proper testing might be
pushed as an update to FC6/FC7 too. Or at least that's the picture I got.