ipw3945/iwlwifi/iwl3945 users, please test latest davej kernels

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Wed May 9 13:30:40 UTC 2007

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 15:46 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

[...]
>>> ive never had the iwlwifi driver work for me and the newest version is no
>>> different.  the first versions of the drivers would associate but quickly
>>> drop off.   the last half dozen or so kernels ive tested fail to associate at
>>> all.  in fact they don't even see any networks.
>> For me, I see networks, and in all previous versions I would get 'tx
>> buffer full', messages (after working for a very short moment), but now
>> I get nothing other than NetworkManger telling me to 'get a better
>> one' :-)
>
> Hmm, can you run 'lshal' and find the bit for the wireless device?
> There may be both wmaster0 and wifi0.

There's this Toshiba laptop in front of me with an iwl3945-driven card
that for some reason, NetworkManager never notices is there -- never
gives any evidence in its menu that a wireless card exists. I've got a
wmaster0 and a wlan0, but no wifi0, if its relevant.

lshal output here:

http://people.redhat.com/jwilson/misc/lshal-toshiba-tecra-a8-s8513.txt

--
Jarod Wilson