kernel package

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Fri May 11 11:24:02 UTC 2007

On 05/11/2007 12:34 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 10:50 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> A question; Before I open BZ... Is the kernel team (I see Dave Jones is
>> doin' much; that's why CC:) willing to help AlphaCore and add patches to
>> kernel spec?
>>
>> No, it's nothing for upstream. Just fixes for the spec. Some
>> if(n)arch's, sections for alpha, a config, ... Nothing that should break
>> primary archs...
>
> Where are these patches?

Please find attached my current cvs diff. The Makefile.config part
should be fixed better - I know, but had no time yet...

I also attached the patch mentioned in the diff and the config that I
currently use.

I have no SMP support at the moment, as I don't have a smp capable machine.

I don't know if it will build correctly, havn't yet finished my build -
but I had a few tries already and today fixed - hopefully - the last
build error.

I'm also not sure if the kernel will boot fine.

I'm just trying to get the first patches in devel, so if you update
something in cvs, it's easier to merge with what I have...

At the moment I'm not *fixing* things. I just try to build a kernel with
make alpha directly in my cvs checkout. If it fails, I check where it
fails and disable the appropriate module in my alpha config. I will go
through the ifnarch's after I finally managed to boot up the new kernel
and see that it works. Where appropriate, I will work with kernel
upstream to fix the problems - of course...

I'd really like to work together with the current kernel maintainers to
provide a kernel spec/srpm, that builds on alpha.

-of