Legality of Fedora in production environment

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri May 11 13:35:06 UTC 2007

Randy Wyatt wrote:
> Why wouldn't a hard copy of the GPL suffice ?

Because such laws are usually made by direct command from BSA and
contain specific wording.

I heard some similar scary things about a law in my country (Romania)
where exist a national registry for computer programs and you are
supposed to use only software registered there. I don't know much about
it as I am not an expert in law, but it seems the law is ignored by
users and not enforced against free software (so far).