rpms/mtools/devel mtools-3.9.10-sh.patch,NONE,1.1

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri May 11 14:44:39 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas wrote :

> On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 04:54:43AM -0400, Adam Tkac wrote:
> > Author: atkac
> >
> > mtools-3.9.10-sh.patch:
>
> I may be completly wrong, but in my recollection using
> arithmetic/conditionals like
>
> > +if [[ $# -eq 0 ]] ; then
>
> is not sh compatible but requires some bash extensions.
> It should be, instead, along
>
> if [ $# = 0 ]; then
>
> == also in [ ] is not portable.
>
> I am not sure and this would benefit from double checking. In any
> case, for fedora it should be fine even with the bash extensions, and
> the shebang also may be changed to
> #! /bin/bash
> to be safe, but if it is to be submitted upstream (as it should be)
> you should really take care that no bash extensions are used.

I had never seen double square brackets before, and it seems to work,
suggesting some kind of bash internal indeed... but as for plain
single square brackets, I thought "[" was a symlink to the
coreutils "test" command, but just saw on my FC6 workstation that this
is no longer the case and that those are two different binaries now.

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 32168 Apr 17 13:48 /usr/bin/[
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 29544 Apr 17 13:48 /usr/bin/test

This is all now way more complicated than I would have thought :-)

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.20-1.2948.fc6
Load : 0.34 0.36 0.35