/etc/pki

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Sat May 12 20:22:22 UTC 2007

On Sat, May 12, 2007 at 07:21:11PM +0200, nodata wrote:
> It's the law.

Actually the law doesn't say "stick crap in the wrong place"

> "Every company needs to list its company registration number, place of registration and registered office address on its website and in emails."

And the RFC documents state the correct place for this is in the email header
"Organization:"

This isn't the posters fault however, the legal situation is unclear because
nobody actually *thought* about the law [as is normal these days] and its
application or produced useful guidelines [as companies house should have done]

The Red Hat company policy is getting sorted but for the moment please don't
shoot the victims. IBM had the same problem and they got it sorted so I know
we can ;)

Alan