Ext4 for F7

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon May 14 14:50:31 UTC 2007

On Saturday 12 May 2007 19:46:41 Chris Brown wrote:
> Ext4 appears to be enabled in the latest kernels - will anaconda support it
> in the same way as it unofficially supports jfs? As in users need to type
> 'linux ext4' at the prompt to enable to option during install. Or are we
> looking at F8? Sorry if this has been asked already but if the above is not
> the case I'd be interested to know why. Reports are that it is now quite
> stable... :)

I'd hope F8.  I attended an ext4 talk at the RH Summit last week and based on
information gathered there I wouldn't expect ext4 to be remotely safe to use
for a while.  It should be there for you to create test file systems and play
around with it, but I don't think it would be prudent to allow anaconda to
throw it into the mix.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora