Legality of Fedora in production environment

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 14 16:15:49 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> It's quite simple: You have to agree on a common language (or a limited
> set of thereof) otherwise you can't communicate with your customers
> (here: users) and 3rd parties (here: authorities). For a US based
> distro, I'd expect this language to be English.

Correct. The license not being readable is a misleading exaggeration but
the underlying point is valid. We need review guidelines that enforce
this and bugs should be filed against packages which don't have license
text in English.

Ralf, do you know of other packages beside the example you cited?

Rahul