Legality of Fedora in production environment

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 14 18:13:22 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> And it's the same requirement for legal entities that are not based in
> the US and are Fedora or RHEL users. Do you think they don't need to
> check licensing too?

Sure they do. From the Fedora legal perspective what legal entities
outside of US do is none of our concern.

> Then you do the same thing as everyone else - you pay a
> legally-accredited translator to translate, you don't require a change
> in the core license.

I didn't require a change to the core license. Who told you I was? What
I wanted was a official translation. That's the minimum we need to
ensure that we don't include software under licenses don't understand or
not enforceable.

I am just not sure we have the legal and financial resources to pay for
translations every time we include new software under regional licenses
that people cook up. It's time to get back to Red Hat legal and asked
for their opinion I guess.

Rahul