Legality of Fedora in production environment

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon May 14 18:38:43 UTC 2007

Le lundi 14 mai 2007 à 23:58 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le lundi 14 mai 2007 à 23:43 +0530, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> >
> >> I am just not sure we have the legal and financial resources to pay for
> >> translations every time we include new software under regional licenses
> >> that people cook up.
> >
> > Why to you think you can trust just any random translation? Can as well
> > process licenses through the fish.
>
> Again, I said official translation. Did you even bother reading what you
> are responding to?

Official meaning what?
If it's official as in legally binding wise upstreams will refuse to
commit to a document in a langage they don't master (even the FSF is
careful enough to point out there is a single binding document, the
english one)
If it's official as in "produced by the original hacker but not legally
binding" the fish may be just as good for a legal analysis by Fedora.

--
Nicolas Mailhot