Making beagle optional

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue May 15 06:40:54 UTC 2007

Kevin Fenzi <kevin <at> scrye.com> writes:
> I think we might want to look at a shootout early in the f8 cycle and
> see if any of them stand out for any reason.

Well, Strigi "stands out" by being required to build and run KDE 4. ;-) So an
install including KDE 4 will have to include at least the indexing libraries
from Strigi (even in the case the alternatives turn out to be way better ;-) ).
It should be possible to package them separately from the daemon though.
However, they're also working on making the apps integrate with the daemon,
which of course will only work if the daemon is running, and as Strigi is now
required anyway, I don't think integration with other similar daemons is
planned.

        Kevin Kofler