Legality of Fedora in production environment

Benjamin Kosnik bkoz at redhat.com
Tue May 15 08:42:06 UTC 2007

>> http://people.redhat.com/bkoz/fedora_certificates/
>
> Note that this EULA requires modifications for Fedora 7 release. We need
> to replace all occurrences of "Fedora Core" with "Fedora" and add a
> section on firmware.

These certificates should be considered for demonstration purposes only.

Unlike the EULA....

I'm just taking the text verbatim from what is existing presently on the
web. If it's not right on the web, it should be fixed pronto.

Other parts of this conversation have pointed out the
weaknesses/inapplicability of a US-legal language EULA worldwide.
Hopefully this issue will be fixed, or a plan or strategy devised for
legal support in all Fedora locales.

If I had valid language for other locales, I'd be happy to come up with
certificates of authenticity for them.

best,
-benjamin