Legality of Fedora in production environment

Dmitry Butskoy buc at odusz.so-cdu.ru
Tue May 15 14:44:34 UTC 2007

Vladimir Makarov wrote:

> I know that GPL was translated to Russian several times
Actually, notarially certified translations of GPL have been appeared
only recently.
> I think Russian police knows well what is Linux.
Unfortunately, it is wrong assumption.
A policeman, who checks the computers later, either already know about
Linux, or learns during the check. The problem is the "confiscating
policeman" (normally *not* software expert). Even if he know about
Linux, he have a formal occasion for confiscation. (BTW, just another
case which feeds corruption).

~buc