rawhide merge status

Jerry James Jerry.James at usu.edu
Tue May 15 17:35:04 UTC 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007 at 19:20:06 +0300 Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi>
wrote:
> I don't think so.  Providing eg. moodle-zh_tw = %{version}-%{release} in
> itself is redundant.  One thing that you may want to have a look in the above
> is that there are self-obsoletion problems - changing those to these in both
> zh_cn and zh_tw could help (assuming %{version} is greater than or equal to
> 1.6.4):
>
> Obsoletes: moodle-zh < 1.6.4
> Provides: moodle-zh = %{version}-%{release}
>
> Or perhaps drop the Provides altogether?  See
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#head-3cfc1ea19d28975faad9d56f70a6ae55661d3c3d

I decided that dropping the Provides altogether was the best approach.
For one thing, the old language packs being obsoleted weren't the real
language packs; they only contained translations for the installation
code.  For another, they were in the wrong place, so they didn't work
anyway.  Hence, it is unlikely that anybody actually used them.

Thanks, Ville.
Jerry James, Assistant Professor        Jerry.James at usu.edu
Computer Science Department             http://www.cs.usu.edu/~jerry/
Utah State University