Looking for GUI application programs for experiments

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Tue May 15 21:40:59 UTC 2007

On 5/15/07, William Cohen <wcohen at redhat.com> wrote:
> The
> characteristics we are looking for in the examples are:
>
> -represent commonly-performed tasks, e.g. edit file and view document
> -depend on a number of dynamically-linked libraries
> -use GUI
> -have built-in accessibility features needed to automate the
>         experiment with dogtail
> -run for a couple seconds, so instrumented version doesn't take too long
> -doesn't require network access

Have you looked at the mugshot compiled stats for most commonly used
applications for registered mugshot users who are running fedora?
http://mugshot.org/applications
 I think gedit and evince are obvious candidates, but pretty much all
the gtk based applications that are highly ranked should work for you.

-jef