[RFC] Make koji a complete rpmfind replacement

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed May 16 12:23:32 UTC 2007

Hi,

With the rawhide sync down and packages stuck on various non-mirrored
state I couldn't help noticing the retro rpmfind-ish experience of koji
(go to the web site, select the right package letter, open the package
info page, click on the download link, repeat for deps…)

While I'm sure the yum repo situation will correct itself soon I
couldn't help wondering if koji could not serve the same purpose as
rpmfind for fly-by users (typically users of another distro/release
version that just want to look at how something was done in Fedora X to
provide feedback or adapt)

Right now it only needs:
1. a search field
2. resolving dependency links
3. displaying of rpm metadata

to provide a full modern rpmfind replacement (internal files are already
resolvable)

Do other people feel that would be a useful thing to add?

--
Nicolas Mailhot