rawhide report: changes

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Thu May 17 15:39:04 UTC 2007

On Thu, 17 May 2007 15:05:34 +0200, Till Maas wrote:

> On Do Mai 17 2007, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 18:33 +1000, Rodd Clarkson wrote:
>
> > >os/repodata/primary.xml.gz: [Errno -1] Metadata file does not match
> > > checksum Trying other mirror.
> > > Error: failure: repodata/primary.xml.gz from development: [Errno 256] No
> > > more mirrors to try.
> >
> > Something definitely isn't matching up with the tree (the metadata is
> > inconsistent), but I'm not quite sure why.  Looking now, but might need
> > someone else to wake up to get to the bottom of it and get a fix
>
> Whenever I get this "Metadata file does not math checksum" error, "yum clean
> metadata" helps, maybe it helps you, too.

Consider yourself lucky. I've seen this error very often over the past
weeks, and since it also was reported for Extras, I've examined it
multiple times, because only complete/sane metadata are published there.
Everytime I used wget/lftp to examine mirrors, I found that they had
incomplete metadata files or a repomd.xml that was newer than the
compressed xml files.