X-Chat in Fedora

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri May 18 19:48:01 UTC 2007

Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta <at> gmail.com> writes:
> on a side note.... now that we are post merge we have xchat and
> xchat-gnome in the same repo.  Would it be that horrible if xchat fell
> out of the repo?

Uh, yes... ;-)
I like the configurability of the regular X-Chat, xchat-gnome has
been "gnomized" by removing much of that configurability and relegating parts
to gconf (yuck!).
As you can probably tell from the above paragraph, I'm a KDE user. :-) The
reason I use X-Chat and not one of the KDE alternatives (Konversation, KSirc,
KVirc or Kopete) is because of its C plugin interface.

I'd be willing to take up comaintainership (or even maintainership if Chris
wants to get rid of it completely) if nobody else wants it, though I want to
give Rémi Collet a chance to pick it up first.

        Kevin Kofler