Firefox 32/64bit - no SCIM on 32-bit ff under x86_64

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Wed May 23 04:57:51 UTC 2007

I am running x86_64 rawhide with both 32/64bit firefox installed and
have noticed that SCIM (Japanese input) only works in the 64-bit
version.
Trying to work out why but ldd/strace have not revealed anything to me..
I'm assuming it's because I need a 32-bit version of scim perhaps but
want to validate the theory before installing.

Can anybody quickly explain this one and/or offer a workaround?  oh, the
32-bit version is for flash naturally.