can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu May 24 01:09:49 UTC 2007

JK> I talked with Jeremy about this today and he said that lots of
JK> painful history has shown that 10 seconds is the optimal time out.

Which would be another ten seconds uselessly wasted.  Why can't we set
the timeout be as short as possible while still allowing it to be
interrupted in the case of something truly terribly bad, and let the
code that runs after grub is done accept input and perhaps reboot to
grub with a longer timeout if necessary.  It certainly has plenty of
time while the rest of the boot process runs.

(We already do this in reverse when laptops hibernate; the grub
timeout is awfully short then.  In fact, it kind of makes me wonder
why grub bothers to display the splash image in this case since it's
only there long enough to make it look like the hardware is crapping
out.)

 - J<