iwl3945 status in fedora7

Deependra Shekhawat jeevanullas at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:06:19 UTC 2007

HI,
I brought the interface up and then I issued that command. Well after
disabling network manager it seems to work. It scanned and found the AP for
me. I associated my laptop with the AP but then my keyboard got freezed. And
nothing happens. Mouse working fine. I checked to find that dhclient can't
get IP address for wlan0 (just keeps on going). I also found that in order
to bring things to normal I don't have any other option then to reboot
(keyboard doesn't work). I am using the latest kernel for f7 without xen.
I think iwlwifi atm is not the right candidate to be in the kernel it really
doesn't work for me. I have lenovo 3000N100 laptop and ipw3945 with source
compilation works great for me.
I am having WEP encryption fyi.

Thanks

On 5/24/07, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:

> Deependra Shekhawat wrote:
> > THis is what it shows in rawhide
> >
> > [root at server network-scripts]# iwlist wlan0 scanning
> > wlan0     Failed to read scan data : Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> Did you bring the interface up first?
>
> ifconfig wlan0 up
>
> mac80211 seems to need it.
>
> -Andy