can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu May 24 17:44:57 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 13:30 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> Guess ya'll can start flaming me now for saying the boot loader menu
> shouldn't be shown be default cuz I know, gosh, it's controversial :-)

Well, since we haven't been showing the menu[1] on installs[2] by
default since 28 June 2004, I think I've already been through that
flamefest ;-)

Jeremy

[1] We let you enter the menu by pressing a key, but I don't see that
being controversial either; it's exactly what every other OS in the
world lets you do.  We're maybe a little bit more verbose about what
we're doing, but that's not necessarily bad.  Rewording some text is
definitely doable for The Future (tm)
[2] LiveCDs using isolinux means that that feature of grub isn't
available; there's a patch floating around that I found a week or two
ago to get hiddenmenu with syslinux menus too.  I want to look at adding
that for F8 so the live experience is similar here.