can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu May 24 17:55:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 13:44 -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 13:30 -0400, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > Guess ya'll can start flaming me now for saying the boot loader menu
> > shouldn't be shown be default cuz I know, gosh, it's controversial :-)
>
> Well, since we haven't been showing the menu[1] on installs[2] by
> default since 28 June 2004, I think I've already been through that
> flamefest ;-)

Right; but there's still a timeout. I'd suggest we didn't show anything
at all.. meaning that you'd need to know the secret handshake to
actually dual-boot (e.g. holding down the 'b' key or something).

It's worth noting you need to do the same for dual-boot Mac OS X /
Windows Intel Mac laptops... e.g. hold down the Option key to get to the
boot menu. I think it's probably fine that way. [1]

      David

[1] : And people needing AT's can boot into the OS and a) read docs
about the magic keys to press; b) configure the bootloader (in Mac OS X
it's the "Startup Disk" preference pane) from there using AT's of their
choice. For example, it would make sense for people to be able to say
"continue to boot into Linux by default, but next time boot into
Windows" - that solves the problem where you don't have a bootloader
configuration utility on the other OS. Anyway, just brain-storming.