iwl3945 status in fedora7

Ralf Ertzinger fedora at camperquake.de
Thu May 24 20:09:24 UTC 2007

Hi.

On Thu, 24 May 2007 09:56:51 -0600, Lamont Peterson wrote

> I have a co-worker with an IPW3945 in his ThinkPad and a couple of
> other friends who have the IPW3945 in their notbooks.  They have all
> reported that they can not use NetworkManager with it.  Apparently,
> it's a well known problem that NetworkManager doesn't play (at all?)
> nicely with IPW3945 cards using either the older daemon or the newer
> drivers.

Well, ipw3945+daemon has worked fine for me during f7 development
(OK, I cheated and used the 1.1.3 version, which is a bit older now,
but it works). With NM.

I am currently trying out 3194 with iwl3945, and it seems to work, too
(which is a first). NM sees the card and assoicates against my AP
(WPA2-PSK).

Somehow my WLAN-LED has stopped working, though.