can fedora has the animation grub like suse?

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu May 24 20:17:29 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 16:00 -0400, Christopher Aillon wrote:
> Adam Jackson wrote:
> > Which of the two major shipping OSes has a discoverable boot menu?
>
> Why would I care about their fallings?  Linux users are more likely to
> run a multiple boot setup than Win+Mac users combined.  I've seen this
> advertised as a selling point very often.  "You can keep Windows around
> for games _AND_ use Linux too for everything else" We shouldn't piss on
> people that want to do this just because others do.

Well, gee, you know, maybe the boot loader can be modified to be smart
about things. After all, we have the source code to it. E.g. if there is
more than one OS, show the menu, otherwise don't. As such, a system
running only Fedora wouldn't show any menu unless you press the secret
'b' key or whatever. And sure, people can knock themselves out
configuring how it works.

      David