t4 upgrade from fc6: fails on lvm fstab naming

sean seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 13:24:08 UTC 2007

Upgrading from fc6 to T4, fstab:

LABEL=/                 /                       ext3
defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3
defaults        1 2
devpts                  /dev/pts                devpts
gid=5,mode=620  0 0
tmpfs                   /dev/shm                tmpfs
defaults        0 0
proc                    /proc                   proc
defaults        0 0
sysfs                   /sys                    sysfs
defaults        0 0
LABEL=WIN               /win                    vfat
defaults       0  0
LABEL=Swap-sda3         swap                    swap
defaults        0 0
/dev/video-vol/video            /video          ext3
defaults        1 2
/dev/video-vol/swap      swap                   swap
defaults        0 0

The upgrade died with a message about the /dev/video-vol/*
entries. Couldn't find how to LABEL lvm partitions, so just
deleted them from fstab, then installed.

After install, I added the lvm partitions back into fstab,
just as above. That works fine.

I couldn't find anything about this in bz, and I'm not sure
how to report it, or even if it is a bug.

sean