koji weirdness

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue May 29 22:46:13 UTC 2007

JLT> OK, cool, let's hack on Makefile.common a bit....

OK, here's a nasty first-pass hack.  Apply this to Makefile.common,
then do "make chain-queue" in each CVS branch directory where you
would normally do "make build".  (As with building, the directories
must be tagged and such.)  Then after your last chain-queue, run "make
chain-go".  In fact, you probably have to apply this to all of your
Makefile.common files, unless you have them all linked together or
something.  And you'll have to patch after tagging and such, else the
tagging will fail and screw all sorts of nice things up.  It doesn't
seem very easy to have local Makefile.common changes.

"make chain-restart" will clear out the queue.

I did a basic test by chain-building two of my packages, but they
don't really depend on each other so it's not a complete test.

 - J<