shiny desktop, anyone?

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed May 30 12:24:47 UTC 2007

On 5/29/07, Kelly <lightsolphoenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:25 am Trond Danielsen wrote:
> > and the technical users that instantly switches
> > to the Windows classic interface once they get the chance.
>
> I'm a technical user, but I prefer to leave the Luna scheme on when using XP.
> It just looks much better than Classic.

I know lots of windows power users and devels, any just one guy (and
he i extreme in any other regard) I know switched to "classic view".

> I thought Beryl was fun for a while, and of course the spinning cube has
> that "wow, cool" factor for a while, but I finally got fed up with the
> combination of how slow it tended to run and how much CPU it was eating in
> the background (which, incidentally, is also what drives me to turn Beagle
> off).

I use beagle+deskbar all the time on multiple desktops and don't see
any cpu issues... maybe I'm just lucky? :)

ibm R52 laptop + fedora 6 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
HP nx7300 laptop + fedora 6 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
HP nx7300 laptop + fedora 7 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
noname desktop + opensuse 10.2 + beagle + deskbar = no cpu issues
HP laptop of my girlfriend + linux mint (ubuntu feisty) + beagle = no cpu issues

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241