if this is a bug then it is a nasty BLOCKER for F7

Chris Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Wed May 30 16:24:05 UTC 2007

On 30/05/07, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/30/07, Christopher Aillon <caillon at redhat.com> wrote:
> > My point was yes it breaks for some people, but not all.  Besides,
> > suspend has been broken for a long time, so it being broken one more
> > release is not a blocker.  We'll fix it as soon as we can.
>
> I've got an affected system. I'd be more than happy to chew on some
> test kernels from koji designed to figure out what specifically made
> resume stop working between test4 and release. Sadly my kernel-fu
> isn't advanced enough to do the forensics on my own to narrow down the
> specific changes to the kernel that introduced the resume bug.
>
> -jef"So what if the resume doesn't work, and using the hardware switch
> for the wireless freaks the boot process out, or the brightness adjust
> button actions are acting wonky, or that the NM managed wireless
> doesn't work when the laptop is in the dock....ss long as my
> thinklight{tm} still works I'm happy."spaleta

Maybe someone can point folks in the direction of a good kernel debugging
tutorial or provide some pointers. Something like:

http://www.reactivated.net/weblog/archives/2006/01/using-git-bisect-to-find-buggy-kernel-patches/

Cheers
Chris "Jef, check out the commits that are going in for us Thinkpad users at
http://hughsient.livejournal.com/27576.html " Brown

--
http://www.chruz.com