For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu May 31 12:23:01 UTC 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 07:10:42 David Woodhouse wrote:
> No, the builds for the faster architectures would be available in koji
> for that arch immediately. They just wouldn't hit the _repository_ for
> longer. But then most people are using mirrors which are a day or so
> behind anyway, aren't they? That doesn't affect the pace of development.
>
> When do you think you'd be waiting?

Having different content in the buildsystem then that which available to the
public in the repos is a confusing and dangerous path to go down.  We already
made some of that mistake with the way I handled the final freeze for Fedora
7, I don't want to repeat such confusion.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora