Fedora 8 Schedule

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Thu May 31 18:07:10 UTC 2007

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> The current
> schedule means we'll be forced to either ship a release candidate

Which would be bad how?  Traditionally, RC is "we think this is good
enough to release right now.  We just want some additional feedback to
find last minute bugs.  Only blockers will get fixed."  That meshes well
with our freeze philosophy.

Also, we ship RCs of GNOME too knowing full well that it is in lockdown
mode once it hits RCs.  We've done RCs of things in GA with the
expectation that we'll pick up the final as an update post-release.