First impressions of a system update with yum

Schlaegel 777tahder at schlaegel.com
Thu May 31 19:20:35 UTC 2007

On 5/31/07, Matthias Saou
<thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net>
wrote:
> Other current thought : To hell with it, format "/" and reinstall from
> DVD...

This is my normal course of action. I don't want to deal with the
leftover packages and the missing new packages. I just let Anaconda do
its job.

I have two partitions for root, the current release, and the new or
old release. That way my old root with a working system is available
if some hardware seems to not work.

Also, I don't bother with a DVD or CD, I just use the grub hack.

-Schlaegel