KDE logout options with F8

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Nov 1 15:26:21 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon <caillon <at> redhat.com> writes:
> We should get to the point where we have one login manager, and just
> swap out the toolkits/UI.  Logging in is something that we seriously
> should not have multiple packages for.

And then what guarantees us the KDE frontend is not going to get the same
treatment KNetworkManager got for F8 (i.e. the backend getting upgraded to an
experimental, completely incompatible snapshot which is not supported by the
KDE frontend yet, and way too late in the release cycle (after the feature
freeze!) so there's no way the KDE frontend can be fixed in time)?

The way NetworkManager 0.7 has been handled in F8 makes me very distrustful of
such "one backend, multiple frontend" solutions.

        Kevin Kofler