KDE logout options with F8

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Nov 2 03:48:29 UTC 2007

Christopher Aillon <caillon <at> redhat.com> writes:
> We made it clear from the start of the F8 cycle that we were going to be
> doing the NM feature, and it was tracked in FESCo meetings.  So the fact
> that KNM is non functioning should not be a reflection on anything other
> than lack of people doing the work for KNM.

So to sum up, "tough, we won't ever wait for KDE to support a new version
before upgrading, even if the version we're upgrading to hasn't even been
released yet". Yet if it had been us KDE SIG folks doing the upgrade, the GNOME
frontend broken and the KDE one updated in time, I'm sure you would have forced
us to revert the backend and complained loudly about us upgrading to an
unstable version which breaks GNOME. But upgrading to an unstable version which
breaks KDE is acceptable. :-/

        Kevin Kofler