Updating selinux-policy-targeted Causes SELinux Denials

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Nov 2 17:10:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

Should I be concerned that every time an update to
selinux-policy-targeted occurs, it causes actions that the current
running SELinux seems to prevent? I'm talking about SELinux
preventing /usr/sbin/semodule (semanage_t) and /sbin/restorecon
(restorecon_t) "write"ing to a pipe with label "rpm_t".

Are these actions legal? And does SELinux preventing them cause an error
in the actual install? Or should these just be treated as warnings?

I'm guessing that the selinux applications are just trying to
communicate back to the RPM process. I'm wondering if there's anything
important in that communication that should be allowed, or if not, there
must be some way to clean this up.

(If this isn't the right place to ask, could someone redirect me to the
correct one?)
--

Richi Plana