Dropping Base X group? [Was: Re: KDE logout options with F8]

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon Nov 5 08:08:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 20:59:44 -0500, Jesse Keating scripst:
> You can get the X libraries and not have an X server.  You can do an
> install with gnome/kde that is set up to be used remotely on other X
> servers, without actually installing a local X server.  The Base X group
> is the group that adds a local X server (and all the appropriate
> fonts/drivers/etc...) so that X can be used locally on the system.

And both of these are probably such corner cases, that I would gladly not
bother 95% of all users of anaconda with them (causing confusion about
xdm among other things). Whoever wants them, will have to fiddle with the
configuration manually so much anyway, that one more 'yum install'
probably won't hurt.

> Fedora -- All my bits are free, are yours?

Ehmm, although I suspect I know the answer, I cannot resist -- swfdec or
gnash? ;-)

Matěj