F9 Feature Process

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 6 00:37:29 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Out of interest, I didn't see any information about how we did in terms of features that made it in vs features
> that were dropped or deferred in your F8 recap. Did we drop anything, and if so, have you looked at why ?

Thanks for all of your feedback.  I will make sure FESCo considers it
when they discuss changes to the policy.

In terms of stats on features that were dropped or deferred--I did not
actively track them, but that is in interesting question.  Would there
be value in doing that or is anecdotal evidence enough?  I ask because
tracking it is all manual :)

In almost all of the cases, FESCo and the feature owner(s) agreed that a
particular feature wasn't ready enough and should be deferred a the time
approval was being voted on OR features with stale statuses that I
raised at FESCo after not hearing back from the feature owner when it
was pretty much known that that particular feature was not going to be
completed.

Then there were a couple of features where the feature was approved,
nothing happened with it and then it was dropped because the owner said
it wasn't really considered a feature...
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Bookmarks

John