Dropping Base X group? [Was: Re: KDE logout options with F8]

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Nov 7 03:22:04 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas <pertusus <at> free.fr> writes:
> Why don't you use libck-connector.so or even simplier pam_ck_connector?

I looked at how GDM does things, found their code fairly easy to port to KDM
and did just that.

> I can check, but I doubt so much. Do you want that I check, and in that
> case do you have an explanation on how to measure the footprints?

Tracking down the original articles might be a good starting point. Here's the
memory benchmark Luboš Luňák from KDE has made in 2006:
http://ktown.kde.org/~seli/memory/desktop_benchmark.html I know there have been
earlier measurements done, also by the GNOME developers. Maybe there's also
newer ones.

        Kevin Kofler