Codec Buddy misleading.

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 21:04:27 UTC 2007

on 11/9/2007 2:36 PM, Mark wrote:
> 2007/11/9, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org>:
>> On Fri, Nov 09, 2007 at 07:03:48PM +0100, Mark wrote:
>> Yes it is. Search for DeCSS and the 2600 magazine.
>>
>> Rui
>
> Than i'm happy i don't live there.
>
> 2007/11/9, David Nielsen <david at lovesunix.net>:
>> fre, 09 11 2007 kl. 19:03 +0100, skrev Mark:
>> We have been over this before please search the archives, every case in
>> fact.
>>
>> Do you think we enjoy keeping media support from our users when we have
>> perfectly good implementations available under OSI approved licenses?
>>
>> If there was a legal way to make this work, we would be doing it.
>>
>> Pretty please, every 3 months someone posts the exact same 3 ideas you
>> did.. they are not new and they have been debated. I'm sorry but please
>> understand how frustrating it is to have to repeatedly have this debate.
>>
>> - David
>
> I understand it completely... i just wish it wasn't working like this.
> kinda limited democracy
>
> 2007/11/9, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com>:
>> On Nov 9, 2007 9:10 AM, Mark <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'll meet you in Washington DC to talk to the US congress to change
>> the laws so we no longer have to worry about the complexity of
>> contributory infringement when we point people to resources outside of
>> our direct control. I'm sure if we shake congressional members hard
>> enough they will see the illogic of the situation.
>>
>> -jef"No one sane will claim that the legal issues associated with
>> patents and contributory infringement follow any school of logic
>> informed by practicality, common sense or scientific methodology.
>> Trying to make sense of the situation in terms of what we can and
>> cannot using the logic of an engineer or a scientist simply will not
>> work and will only lead to personal despair, confusion, and drug
>> abuse. It's too late for me, but you still have a chance to save
>> yourself by choosing to focus on other areas that need improvement not
>> encumbered by legal issues."spaleta
>
> sooner or later even the USA will change his mind on those patents.
> move fedora to The Netherlands (or any EU country) and all problems
> are solved. would be a big boost for open source as well.

I can *not* stand it any longer!

You want a KDE based RPM type Linux distro? You want proprietary software
so you can listen to your music? And so that you can watch your videos?
And the video drivers to do that with and with which to play your games?

You want *all* the proprietary software at one general site? One with
mirrors? Not 'officially' supported but well known and sometimes spoken of
in public? With the RPMs made mostly by the same people that work for the
distro? You want your disto, as described above, to be 'free' of US patent
problems and the 'elitist Fedora attitude'?

Are you people blind? Hardheaded? Or just plain stupid?

Please switch to Mandriva. Please. Save those of us that actually like
Fedora, the way it is provided to us by these fine Fedora people, from the
endless whining posts that go on and on and on. All because *you* actually
have to make an effort to use a geek OS such as Linux.

--

  David