Firefox 3

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Sat Nov 10 09:04:35 UTC 2007

Janina Sajka wrote:
>> Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> wrote:
>> >Does anyone know of any rpm builds of Firefox 3? I'm aware it's nowhere
>> >near ready for prime time, but I have a compelling reason to start using
>> >ff3 fairly soon and would rather install from rpm, of course.

Stay tuned for an update in the next two weeks.  We got this working
last week, but there's a few things we want to clean up before it's put
into rawhide.  Putting it into rawhide will also mean breaking several
things such as epiphany, yelp, devhelp, and every other application that
uses gecko right now.  So there is a high cost that we want to be in a
position to communicate well as to the proper way to solve rather than
simply leave broken for people to figure it out.