sending multiple (different) smolt profiles

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 14:13:48 UTC 2007

On 11/12/07, David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > On 11/12/07, Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have 2 laptops and I used the smoltSendProfile and I seem to get the
> >> same url for both laptops, ie. the later sent profile overwrites the
> >> previous one...
> >>
> >> I'm sending both profiles from same adsl line and I'm behing a NAT
> >> adsl router, so could this be an issue (same IP) ?
> >>
> >> Is this a feature or a bug?
> >>
> >> How can I send multiple laptop profiles and see them all online?
> >>
> >> Thank you very much in advance,
> >> Valent.
> >>

> > This is the profile:
> > http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/show?UUID=c8dbb9d3-a9bd-4ba6-b92e-4a294ba5a95f
> Hey Valent,
>
> I noticed that myself when I first looked at your distorted audio entry
> in bugzilla - I saw a machine with vmware graphics and vmware {amd}
> pcnet card.
> I was about to say that doesn't make sense in the bug, so I decided to
> copy an paste the uuid from the bugzilla again. I then found that it was
> showing the HP machine that matched what you had attached in the bug.
>
> 1. Did you send an entry for a vmware machine at all ?
> - if not then the "universally unique" ids might be gettting screwed and
> the smolt folks need to know quick smart.

I installed Fedora 8 on three different laptops, all F8 run on real
hardware not in VMWare or other VM solutions...

> 2. Did you copy your data between new and old machines {or vms}, perhaps
> copying the storage of the smolt UUID ?

Nope. All clean installs with new and unique usernames on that /home
partition but I think that all usernames are the same on all three
laptops, but unique to previous usernames that existed for fedora 7
with which I share /home folder.

> 3. {smolt devs} Perhaps the web interface is having problems - eg the
> data is correctly sent and stored, but we are actually getting a
> different record's entry sometimes when we query the smolt data ?
>
> DaveT.

I'll be glad to give you more feedback just jell what you need :)

Regards,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/